Endocrinologists are specialists who can diagnose and treat hormone related disorders. Prevalence of hormone related disorders is increasing in our generations. Artificial foods are important cause of hormone imbalance now a days. Our body produces different types of hormones and these hormones are excreted by glands in our body. But to get proper treatment you must need to choose the best endocrinologist in Dubai and these will be found separate from the spine hospitals in Dubai.
Glands in our body:
Parathyroid gland, pituitary gland, thymus gland, thyroid gland release certain types of hormones in our body. These glands secrete different types of hormones in our body and imbalance in the hormones can lead certain disorders in our body.
Therefore, we are enlisting few diseases that are associated with hormonal imbalance in our body and you must visit your endocrinologist if you find any type of symptom associated with this.
Diseases that can occur due to hormonal imbalance:
- If there is hormonal imbalance in endocrine gland then it may lead to development of tumor.
- Adrenal glands secrete corticosteroid, catecholamines, aldosterone and androgens. The imbalance in their level can lead to problems related to stress levels, immune system disorders, kidney functions and facia hair and men like characteristics in females respectively.
- Hypothalamus controls all functions related to brain such as heart rate, sleep, appetite, respirations etc. the imbalance in its hormones will lead to disturbance in these actions.
- Ovaries secrete estrogen and progesterone. The imbalance in these hormones can cause problems related to fertility and menstruation. Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is emerging hormonal disorder in young girls. It shows symptoms of abnormal weight gain, irregularity in menstrual cycle and facial hair growth in females.
- Testicles secrete androgens and testosterone which control libido, erectile dysfunction, formation of sperm cells and puberty in males.
- Insulin, somatostatin and glucagon are secreted by pancreas. Imbalance in these hormones will lead to diabetes, retardation in growth and increased glucose levels in our body.
- Parathyroid hormones secreted by parathyroid gland controls calcium and potassium level in our body. Any imbalance in its secretion will affect calcium and potassium levels in our body.
- Pituitary gland is considered to be largest gland in our body because it also controls functions of other glands as well. Hyposecretion of anterior pituitary may lead to growth retardation in children. Posterior pituitary secretes oxytocin, antidiuretic hormone. Imbalance in these hormones will cause problems related to mood disorders and kidney functions in our body.
- Thyroxine and triiodothyronine are secreted by thyroid glands. These are associated with the regulation of blood pressure, heart rate, metabolism and body temperature.